November 3rd, 2011
Team Up OKC, a two-week drive to donate school supplies to Oklahoma City Public Schools students and teachers, kicks off today. The idea for the project came from the CEO of Comtech Direct Mail Solutions. Michael Morrison saw a boy at his son’s school bringing his supplies in a pillowcase. Since then, Comtech has paired up with Panera Bread and other local organizations to consolidate their school supply drives.
Morrison also was encouraged to create the drive after learning that nine out of 10 students in the Oklahoma City district live at or below the poverty line.
All donated supplies will be taken to the Teachers Warehouse for distribution to various OKC schools. Since the Teachers Warehouse was created in 2008, it has distributed more than $700,000 in supplies. District teachers can place an online order once a month for items that students and classrooms need.
Team Up OKC is held through Nov. 15 because the warehouse’s supplies are usually running low and because school supplies are marked down in stores this month. “This is a drive like no other, “Morrison said. “It’s just the community coming together.”
September 8th, 2011
How you can TeamUp:
- Volunteer your business as a drop off point
- Volunteer for the delivery or pick-up of collection boxes
- Provide P.S.A. or press releases through your media channels
- Conduct a social media blitz
- Phone bank volunteer calling businesses for drop off and pick-up of collection boxes
- Host in-house campaign for your employees
- Donate items for drawings and prizes at various drop off locations for those who donate
- Distribute power point presentation to organizations you feel that might be a great team up partner
- Spread the word to your business contacts
- In lieu of actual supplies, cash donations can be made to The Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools
If your organization has a conflict of schedule but still wants to be involved, please contact: Michael Morrison Comtech Design Print & Mail at 405-843-3185 or 405-919-9990 (cell)
September 2nd, 2011
- Delivered 300 lbs. of school supplies to The Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools
- Team Up drop box named best public service point-of-sale by Oklahoma City Ad Club
- Now planning the 2nd drive for November 1st – 15th, 2011